Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

32 Weeks




How far along: 32 weeks (September 29-October 5)
Gender Prediction: Back to girl this week!
Weight gain: No change from last week.
Maternity clothes: Of course! Very very few non maternity items still fit this belly! Purchased a few fallish tops from Target this week.
Sleep: Not terrible but not great this week.
Best moment this week: Finally some fall temps!
Miss anything: Deli meat
Movement: Yes, been feeling baby super low lately.
Symptoms: Still swelling. blah.
Cravings: Chocolate and buffalo chicken
Looking forward to: Meeting our pediatrician, and our newborn class coming up!

Alright, last post we talked about the rise of my mom car, and now let's talk about the fall of my mom car. 




I had just left my parents and was heading home to go up to the Big E with Wayne and some friends. My parents have a sharp curve in the road at the corner of their property. I backed out of my parents driveway and started towards the curve, as I approached it, it was basically already too late. A guy driving a small truck had taken the sharp curve in my lane and by the time I saw him I had no where to go and we hit head on. My driver side door wouldn't open, so I had to climb over to the passenger side to get out. 

I wasn't sure where I had hit, so we went to the hospital to get monitored just to be safe. I immediately felt a little bit of pain from the seat belt, and didn't think I hit my stomach, but still just wanted to get cleared by a doctor! We spent about 5 hours in the hospital and got a little preview of what will happen when we come in to deliver baby H! It was pretty crazy, as soon as you come in through the ER doors with a baby bump, they immediately put you into a wheel chair and get you up to labor and delivery. Good to know for when it's the real deal. They hooked me up to the monitors and did see some contractions, but it could have been due to dehydration and not eating recently. So we had a few snacks and ordered dinner. We finally got the OK to leave at 9:30-10ish. 

So now my car is going through all the insurance craziness and will hopefully be fixed before baby H makes his or her debut! In a way I am so thankful that the accident happened in the new car, as I was above the point of impact in this car. My old car would have been a different story as I would have been level with the impact. So I guess my mommy mobile did what it was supposed to do. Still so frustrating as my car had about 500 miles on it! But, baby H and I are OK, and cars can be fixed! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment