Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

Diaper Rash Remedies

The worst thing ever is seeing your littles in pain, and diaper rash definitely counts as pain! We had a few bouts of bad diaper rash around when Riley started teething (4-5 months), and quickly learned what worked, and what didn't work for us! Again, every baby is different so while this works great for us, there may be a different product that works well for you! Here's our tips and tricks to clear up diaper rash fast! 
 
 

1. Triple Paste. Need I say more? This is the only diaper cream I will use on Riley! We tried Desitin, and Desitin Max, which both left her screaming in pain, and actually worsened her rash. I think her skin was super sensitive, and it kind of made her breakout into little bumps. So, when she had her first really bad rash that was actually on the brink of bleeding, I reached out to my wonderful mommy group for the best creams other than Desitin, and Triple Paste came up the clear winner. There were some other recommendations, but I had known of this brand and had seen it in the stores. Within 24 hours her rash was well on the way to improving! I also talked to our pediatrician about creams as it was right around a wellness visit, and he said that clear ointments are a preventive. They help to form a barrier on the skin with the hopes of the rash not worsening. To actually treat the rash, you want something with Zinc, a white paste.  

2. Frequent Diaper Chances, especially poop! Normally, I change Riley 6x a day, or a few more if I can obviously tell she needs a change. She is like clock work now, with dirty diapers around 10:30am, and 4:30pm. If it's just pee, the diaper should do it's job and work to wick away moisture into the diaper. So I don't change wet diapers as often. However, when Riley does have a rash, I do change her much more frequently!! Especially if it's more poop! 

3. Air Time. This one is two fold. Before you put on any creams or pastes, make sure the area is completely dry! If not, you're trapping moisture and may actually be worsening the rash. So we do this thing called "air out the coolie", and we fan our hands to make sure the area has ample time to dry out. Once she is dry then we apply diaper cream, followed by diaper. The second part of this is to let your little be naked from the waist down. Drying the area out really helps to promote healing! I would lay down a towel and let Riley play for 30 minutes at a clip, a few times a day. 

4. Dry Wipes or Rinse your Wipes. There are chemicals in most baby wipes, and if your little ones bottom is an open rash, the wipes will also sting. I loved the dry wipes that you wet with water from the hospital. We took a bunch from the hospital and when they eventually ran out we stocked up on Amazon. I just wet two of them before any diaper change and know we're good to go. If I am out of dry wipes or am on the go or don't have access, rinse your wipes thoroughly with water! It will rinse out the chemicals so you can clean your baby's bottom tear free.

If we follow these steps, any rash Riley gets doesn't stand a chance! Triple Paste is our miracle diaper cream. I recommend it to everyone! 
 
I hope these tips and tricks can help keep your littles' booty soft, squeezy, and perfect. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment